Sometimes a recipe comes along that so so easy and so delicious that you make plans in your head to make it again and again. It probably won’t happen, even my favorite foods I only make once in a while, but with the ease of this meal, it just could happen! Not only that, but everyone liked it! The whole table, not a complaint did I hear. We do love pasta in this family so I guess that could be expected, mmm….thinking about eating the leftovers and it’s only 9:10 in the morning.
Recipe from Great American Brand Name Cookbook
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced ( I used about 3, we like garlic)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained (10 ounces)
- 1 container soft cream cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian Seasonings
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 8-9 ounce pkg cheese tortellini, cooked and drained
1. Melt butter in large skillet, saute mushrooms, onions and garlic until cooked through.
2.Stir in all remaining ingredients except for the tortellini and cook until both cheeses are melted and mixture is heated through.
3. Stir in tortellini and stir until coated.
4. Eat and enjoy!