Deciding the treat for the week is one of my favorite parts of making the menu plan. I always anticipate eating that deliciousness. I usually plan on baking two items, one dessert and one muffin/quick bread for us to snack on through the week. I originally only chose this cookie recipe because I had half a bag of skor bits in my pantry that were getting rather old. I am so glad I did though, because these were some of the best cookies I have ever made!
Recipe from The All-New Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups plus 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1. Beat together the butter and both sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
2. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. When combined beat in the chocolate chips, toffee bits and almonds.
3. Scoop onto cookie sheets ( about a tablespoon of dough for each cookie). Bake at 350 degrees for 8-14 minutes. (8 minutes was good in my oven).
4. Eat and enjoy!
Last night was our weekly Bridge night. So fun, I love my Tuesdays, not just because Bridge is really fun to play, and the company is just awesome, but because there is always loads of yummy treats there. This week I made these Toffee Crunch Blondies, because I had a package of Chipits Skor Bits that really needed to be used up. They were so good. Unfortunately there are leftovers and this Christmas belly that I seem to have acquired in December won’t be going anywhere with these bad boys hanging around the house. The recipe is from the back of the Chipits bag, but is you want to check out some other things to make with Skor Bits there are lots more recipes at Hershey Canada.
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp.baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bag Chipits Skor Bits
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Beat together butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and beat until fully combined.
2. Beat in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat in 1 cup of the skor bits and chocolate chips.
3. Pour into a greased 13×9 inch pan and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
4. When they come out of the oven immediately pour on remaining Skor Bits. Cool slightly, then cut into bars.
5.Eat and enjoy!