You know all those giveaways you see on food blogs? ( Yes, I will do one soon, anything specific you would like?). Anyways, I actually won one! I was so excited to receive Baked Explorations in the mail. The very day that I got it, I made myself a big cup of tea and had a nice quiet afternoon looking through it. I must say every single recipe looks amazing! This is the first of many recipes that I will be sharing with you I am sure.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. Cold butter cut up into pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup toasted and coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup nutella
1. Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. ( I used my baking stone so I did not do this).
2. Whisk together the dry ingredients. Using your fingers mix in the butter into crumbly.
3. In small bowl whisk together the egg and cream, add to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in hazelnuts. Knead gently until just combined.
4. Spread scones out into a rectangle about 6 by 12 inches and spread with 1/4 cup of nutella. Roll up the dough and turn it on its end and squish it down. gently shape and flatten. Cut into 6 pieces.
5. Bake for about 18 minutes, remove from oven and cool.
6. Melt remaining 1/4 cup nutella in microwave for about 10 seconds and using two spoons swirl onto scones in a ziggy-zaggy pattern.
7. Eat and Enjoy!
A couple of years ago you all may remember a cupcake craze that started. And never ended, and really cupcakes are the perfect treat, aren’t they? I mean it’s a cake that you don’t even have to use a plate and fork with. You don’t need ice cream on the side. Perfect just the way it is. I hopped right on that band wagon and never looked back. There are two places I look when wanting a cupcake recipe to make.The first of course is Martha Stewart. The second is Your Cup of Cake. It is another food blog with lots of yummy baked goods (mostly cupcakes) that are all pretty much all drool worthy. I have also made the Lemon Cupcakes with Honey Almond Cream Cheese Frosting and must say it is one of the best cupcakes I have ever made. Next on my hit list has got to be her Butterfinger Blizzard Cupcakes.This recipe made me 23 small cupcakes.
Your Cup of Cakes Nutella Cupcakes
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup Nutella
- ¾ cup Nutella
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
1. Beat Butter and sugar together until nice and creamy.
2. Add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.Then vanilla.
3. Beat in half of flour, salt and baking powder.
4. Beat in Sour Cream, then remaining flour just until mixed.
5.Put batter into paper lined muffin tin, and swirl about 1 tsp of Nutella on top of each cupcake.
6. Bake at 325 for about 25 minutes.(May need a few minutes less if you have a “hotter” oven).
7. For the frosting-Beat together Nutella, Butter and Vanilla.Add Icing sugar 1 cup at a time, then whipping cream. You may need to add either more sugar or whipping cream to get the consistency you want.Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.