It is time for me to get back to the kitchen. I have some delicious plans for the week. Last night after we got home from art class, I made this yummy supper. Now, let me tell you this recipe looked nothing like the picture in the cookbook after I made it. But hey that happens sometimes. It was at least delicious, and between looks and taste I would pick taste every time. I found the recipe in an Ocean Spray advertisement. One of those little recipe books you sometimes get in the mail, or pick up at the grocery store. Yup, I actually used one!
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 large cooked, mashed and cooled potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 2 double, unseparated, skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup ocean spray cranberry sauce
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 Tbsp Cranberry Cocktail
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1. heat oil in large skillet, add onion, garlic, craisins and mushrooms. Saute for about 7 minutes until vegetables are tender. Set aside let cool slightly.
2. Mix together potatoes, cheese, sautéed vegetables, and half of the pecans. Scoop into greased 7×11 inch casserole dish.
3. Melt cranberry sauce in small skillet. Remove from heat. Add sage, cranberry cocktail and balsamic vinegar.
4. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and place on top of potato mixture in casserole. Top with half of cranberry sauce mixture.
5. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Baste with remaining cranberry sauce mixture during cooking time.
6. Sprinkle with remaining pecans before serving.
7. Eat and enjoy!