Yum, yum , yum! This has been a family favorite in the past, one of those recipes that I completely forgot about. I made it again tonight after years, and we still love it. The whole family thought it was great, and I liked it because it was also super-duper easy. Really you can’t beat that, a whole family of happy campers with not much work for mom. After our busy day it was the perfect comfort meal to have ready. I will be making this again, hopefully it won’t take me years to get around to it !
Original recipe found on the back of Campbell’s Potato Soup
- 2 cans Campbell’s Cream of Potato Condensed Soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cups thawed frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 pkg Pillsbury country biscuits
1. Mix together the soup, milk, seasonings in 13×9 inch baking dish. Mix in the vegetables and chicken.
2. Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove from oven and stir.
3. Place biscuits over chicken mixture and return to oven. Bake for 15 additional minutes.
4. Eat and enjoy!
Here is a recipe for nice heart warming easy throw in the oven kind of meal. I love that there is no pre cooking required just assemble and put in the oven.
Recipe from Allrecipes.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (19 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen potato rounds
1. Grease a 13×9 inch pan and pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spread ground beef onto bottom of pan using a fork. Top with chopped onion, mixed vegetables, cream of chicken soup and tater tots. ( in that order).
3.Bake for 1 hour.
4. Eat and Enjoy!
Well it is officially fall. Most people start saying it’s fall right at the beginning of September. I get it, back to school, back to normalcy. But technically it is still summer, and the weather here seems to have been pretty off and on. Hot, Cold, Hot, Cold. I looked out the window this morning and saw a wonderful gloomy sky. Yay for me! In my world this means today will be spent reading in my library with the fireplace on and a large mug of hot cocoa to enjoy! Welcome fall, I welcome you with my arms wide open! Back to the world I love filled with baked pumpkin goods, soups and stews, hot beverages, and comforting classics like this chicken pot pie. I’ll admit I usually just buy Chicken pot Pie at Costco and throw it in the oven (have you tried it?? Really good!), but I found this recipe from Kraft and it just sounded to easy and delicious not to try!
Deep Dish Chicken Pie
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup zesty italian salad dressing
- 1/2 package (8 ounce) Philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 single pie crust (store bought or homemade)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Chop chicken into bite sized pieces.
3. Pour salad dressing into large skillet and cook chicken in it until brown.
4.Add cream cheese and cook until melted. Add flour stir to coat.
5. Add broth and vegetables, simmer for about 5 minutes.
6. Pour mixture into a deep pie plate and top with pie crust.
7. Flute the sides and cut a few lines to allow steam to escape.
8. Bake for 30 minutes.
Tips- To use up that extra cream cheese try out this Cinnamon bun recipe.