Ah potato salad, in this house we have a love hate relationship. As in I love it , two of my kids do not! Long ago, after being frustrated with my kids constant complaints and picky eating we made a new rule in the house. Each kid got to pick 3 things to put on their ”I don’t like it” list. They never have to eat these three things, even if we are at someone’s house, and in exchange they have to eat everything else put before them. It actually works pretty darn good. Both of my daughters have potato salad on their “lists”. Leaves more for me! This recipe was one of my favorite recipes I have ever made, the crunchy bacon added a really nice texture and the tartness of the tomatoes added a nice zing. I will be making this again!
Recipe from Southern Living Comfort Food
- 3 large baking potatoes. peeled and chopped (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish
- 2 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- lettuce for garnish
1. Cover potatoes with salted water in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook for about 15 minutes, drain and cool.
2. Mix together the mayo, relish, mustard, parsley and salt and pepper, gently stir in cooled potatoes, Stir in green onions, eggs, and tomatoes, cover and chill at least three hours. ( I like to do this step the day before and chill over night).
3. Before serving stir in bacon, and serve with lettuce leaves.
4. Eat and enjoy!