I found this recipe over at one of my favorite blogs Plain Chicken . It combines two of our families favorite foods, mac’n'cheese and pizza. So I knew we would love it when I saw the recipe. Guess what, we did! Although we usually have a frozen Delissio for movie night, as my son is chief movie night chef, I may have to occasionally take over and add this to the rotation. Or, as my son is getting older and loving cooking, this is easy enough that I could even teach it to him. Yup, that sounds like a good plan to me. So make it, eat it, you’ll thank me later. Oh and special thanks to Stephanie, for the recipe in the first place
- 1 pizza crust-store bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Grease pizza pan, spread out pizza dough. Cook in a 400 degree oven for about 4 minutes.
2. Top with alfredo sauce, then macaroni, both cheeses and bacon.
3. Return to oven and cook for additional 15 minutes, or until bottom of crust is cooked through.
4. Slice, Eat, Enjoy!
Sometimes a recipe comes along that is so easy and so delicious, that you just can’t believe, plus, you wish you ate a smaller lunch so you can fit more into your belly! This is that recipe. Combined with my best friend, Midnight in Paris, it made for a perfect Thursday.
Recipe from The Southern Living Cookbook
- 1 (8 ounce package) of macaroni
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. onion salt
- 4 1/2 cups grated Cheddar Cheese -divided
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
1. Cook macaroni , drain, set aside.
2. Whisk together the milk, flour and onion salt.Stir in macaroni and 3 1/2 cups of the cheese. Place in a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Top with breadcrumbs, remaining cheese and melted butter.
3. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
4. Eat and Enjoy, and enjoy you shall!
Day 3 saw us back to the Disneyland side of things. After a quick breakfast at the hotel we headed over to the parks, our first stop ToonTown. We visited with Mickey and Minnie went on the go coaster had an overall lovely morning. Then we took the train to New Orleans (one of the best parts of Disneyland if you ask me) and had lunch at the French Market Restaurant, it was a cold day so we were planning to go have soup at Harbour Galley but it was closed I had the four cheese macaroni with shiitake mushrooms and it was fabulous, really creamy sauce, baked to perfection crumb topping, yummy vegetables on the side. It was a great meal!
We decided to have our treat at the Mint Julep Bar right after lunch because we have all wanted to try Beignets and they were right there. Basically a really good , sugary donut. The family pack of six feed us perfectly as there were six of us in the party.
For dinner we left the parks, first we did some shopping at Target ( we don’t have these yet in Canada, but they are coming!) then off to dinner at the amazing family favorite Fuddrucker’s. ( again we don’t have these were we live so we always try to find one if we are in the States). It was amazing, I had the triple cheese burger and the wedge fried which of course I dipped in the jalapeno cheese sauce. The funnest part of Fuddrucker’s is that you get to put on your own toppings with their fixin’s bar. Yummy and fun, makes for a great meal!
The kids meals come with cookies and man I was kind of wishing that the adult meals came with cookies too, because they looked so good! Oh well, I didn’t have room to fit in my belly anyways!
Sometimes especially in this season of busyness and get togethers all you want is a quick meal plan, nothing fancy. The kids and hubs both loves this and it took barely any time in the kitchen at all. Super duper easy in this the season of kitchen mayhem.
Original slightly adapted from Betty Crocker
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 package (3.5 ounce) sliced pizza pepperoni
- 1 (28 ounce) can pasta sauce
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1. Cook macaroni until al dente. Drain.
2. While noodles are cooking brown beef and onion in a large skillet. Drain. Add pepperoni, pasta sauce and oregano and heat over medium until bubbly. Add macaroni and stir until coated with sauce. Remove from heat and top with mozzarella. cover for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
3. Eat and Enjoy!
Tips- Add any of your favorite pizza toppings.