One thing that seems to happen when you start a cooking blog, is you start to read a lot of other cooking blogs too. The computer world is filled with amazing recipes, that is for sure. And I stumbled across The Crazy Cooking Challenge on many a blog. Basically this is what it is, once a month there is a certain type of food picked and you have to search the blogging world for a recipe that fits into the guide lines and then make and post about it. Simple. Especially since this month is Mashed Potatoes. A classic comfort food.
I headed right over to the The Meal Planner. This was the first food blog that I did follow, it has so many yummy recipes and meal plans to boot. I have made many of her recipes all ready and I have never been disappointed. A few of my favorites are the beef taquitos and baby potatoes with dill sauce, yummy!!
So I found this recipe for Mashed Potato Cakes and new it would be perfect. I made it as a main course for our vegetarian Thursdays so I doubled the recipe. Other wise I kept it the same. They were yummy. Next time I will serve them with sour cream, but I didn’t have any in the house.
- 4 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. each dried basil and oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 tbsp. oil
1. Mix together all ingredients , except oil in bowl, and shape into patties. (Mixture will be sticky, don’t worry about it!)
2. Heat oil in large fry pan that has a lid, place about four in pan at a time. Cover and cook for 4 minutes. Flip over, and cook for an additional four minutes on second side.
3. Repeat until all potatoes are used up. (I got about 9 nice sized patties).
4. Eat and enjoy!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…