Anyone else like coleslaw out there? I sure do, especially with a certain variety of foods, like Kentucky Fried Chicken. I also really like it with Pulled Pork, and of course I like to put a little bit right on the bun with the meat. Delicious! So of course early in the week while the pork was cooking away in the crock pot I also got the coleslaw ready.
Recipe from Southern Living Comfort Food
- 1/2 Cabbage chopped small
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 Tbsp onion, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/8 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash pepper
1. Mix together first 4 ingredients together in bowl. In small separate bowl mix together remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables and toss. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
2. Eat and enjoy!
Ah, Friday, my favorite day of the week. This week pretty much kicked my butt, and so I am looking forward to my relaxing day at home, by myself! After homeschooling has finished for the day, I will be having some mommy reading time, and then movie night with the kids which will include pizza made by my son, an ice-cold glass of Wild Cherry Pepsi courtesy of my parents and Star Wars. I am starting The Silmarilion today, so hoping that is a good read, I read the introduction yesterday, could be a hard go, but I am going to give it a try! And on this wonderful day, a salad recipe for you.
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups diced, unpeeled apples
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 4 cups torn romaine
1. To make the dressing whisk together the vinegar, oil, salt and sugar, set aside.
2. Mix the spinach and romaine in large salad bowl, top with apples, raisins and onions. Mix together, toss with dressing.
3. Eat and enjoy!
Salad, So versatile, yet I usually just make a good old caesar because everyone in my family (including me) just loves it. However, a most terrible thing happened, they (stores) no longer sell our favorite dressing. This is tragic news! I think we have tried every other brand and we have not found one that we like just as much, it is a shame! So I have been making a lot of different salads which has been fun. This one was a hit, we all liked it, and it uses ingredients that I usually have in the house so that is a bonus!
Recipe found in Company’s Coming Celebrating the Harvest
- 10 cups torn Romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped apple ( I used Granny Smith)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Liquid Honey
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper (each)
1. Mix together salad ingredients in large bowl.
2. Whisk together all dressing ingredients and pour over salad, toss to coat.
3. Serve immediately.
4. Eat and Enjoy!