Yes you heard it, blondies that are filled with Chocolate Covered pretzels, topped with chocolate frosting, and a few more chopped chocolate covered pretzels on top, just for good measure. This was an excellent treat of the week. After a two-week hiatus our Bridge teacher was back and we had a fun night eating treats, and playing Bridge! It was fun. It was yummy.
Recipe found at Gingerbread Bagels. Thank you Lindsey!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate covered pretzels
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Grease a 8×8 baking pan and pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat together the melted butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat in the dry ingredients , then the egg. Fold in chocolate covered pretzels. Spread into prepared pan.
3. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. To make icing: Beat together all ingredients except milk , add milk 1 Tbsp at a time. Beat until desired consistency, about 2-3 minutes.
5. Frost blondies, top with additional chocolate covered pretzels if desired!
Welcome back, I took a couple of days off to celebrate a fabulous Christmas season with my family. I hope you all had an amazing holiday as well! I was planning to post delicious side dish recipes all week but I sat down to enjoy Christmas dinner with the family and not picture did I take! Ah well, it happens. I did remember to take pictures of our Christmas morning muffins though. I was originally going to make blueberry muffins this year but then I saw this recipe over at the amazing food blog Gingerbread Bagels, I had to make a switch in the menu plan because they looked that good. And really you can never go wrong with a recipe from Gingerbread Bagels, every recipe on that site is ah-mazing! This recipe made 15 muffins.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips mixed with 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, chopped
1. Beat together the sugars, oil,eggs and vanilla for about 3 minutes in your kitchen mixer. (Or use an electric beater.)
2. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Using a large spatula fold in sour cream until just combined, then fold in chocolate chips. Be careful not to over mix as it will lead to tough muffins.
3. Pour into prepared muffin tin (either grease or use paper liners).
4. Mix together first three topping ingredients and cut in butter until small crumbs form, stir in chopped chocolate and scoop on top of muffins.
5. Bake at 375 for 23 minutes.
6. Eat and Enjoy!