This is one of my new favorite vegetarian dishes, and one of my first forays into cooking with curry. I have hesitated for years for the simple fact that I thought it would be a huge struggle to get the kids to eat it, and sometimes I am just not up for it. I finally tested the waters last night, and not a complaint did I get, not once did I have to tell any of my children to take a bite, they loved it too! Now I am excited to cook with curry again, I have a bunch of recipes bookmarked already! This lovely morsel I found on Allrecipes.
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup cream or milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, Set aside.
2. Heat oil in large skillet, add garlic and onion, cook until onion is tender and translucent.
3. Add all the spices and cook for about 2 minutes. Add tomato soup, cream, chickpeas and potatoes. Stir until fully combined and simmer for at about 5 minutes.
4. Eat and enjoy!