I love movies. I usually end up seeing quite a few of them due to this one simple fact. Last night I watched Big Fish for the first time. I loved it, it always surprises me when there is an older movie that I missed that I adore. How did I miss it anyways? If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend it. It was creative, beautiful and heart warming!
On to dinner, we had homemade Buttermilk Bread, Roasted Veggies and this salad. It was my first time ever making cous cous, two firsts in one night, and it was crazy easy!
Recipe from Allrecipes
- 1 3/4 cup uncooked cous cous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1. Bring 1 3/4 cup water to a boil in medium-sized saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in cous cous. Cover for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Set aside and let cool slightly.
2. In salad bowl mix together remaining ingredients, stir in cous cous. Refrigerate at least one hour. Serve.
3. Eat and enjoy!
On Monday evening we had BBQ Bacon Cheeseburgers which left me with a half pound of bacon to use up somehow. I know I could have just made the standard bacon and eggs, but I usually like to get creative and use it up for dinner. I had all the ingredients on hand for this delish sounding dinner pie, except fresh basil , which my lovely husband picked up for me. It was a very satisfying meal, and very popular with the whole family. I will definitely be making this one again!
Original recipe by DonnaK at Allrecipes
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound bacon – cooked, drained, and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prepare pie crust.
3. Layer Tomatoes,then basil, green onions, spices and bacon.
4. Mix cheddar and mayo in small bowl and spread over bacon layer.
5. Cover with tin-foil and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Remove tin-foil bake for additional 30 minutes.