Eggs, Cheese, Sausage. All on an English Muffin. Plus add, some delicious sawmill gravy. That sounds like my kind of breakfast, and I am not even a breakfast person. Made these up for lunch one day, and they were good, really good but let me tell you. These babies are filling. We could all only finish one. And by one I mean, one half of the English muffin. So we had plenty of leftovers. We were a little wary of leftover scrambled eggs, but that was just plain too much food to waste. So we re-heated them the next day (in the oven, not microwave) and although not quite as good the second day, still a really nice meal. So make them, eat them, enjoy! Doesn’t all that melty, gooey cheese just look delicious!
Recipe from Fox Valley Foodie
- 1 Package of English Muffins
- 8 Eggs
- 1 lb Breakfast Sausage
- 8 oz Mild Cheddar Cheese thin sliced
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup sausage drippings add butter if you don’t have enough drippings
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook sausage, until browned and completely cooked through. Remove with slotted spoon, leaving drippings in the pan.
- Whisk in flour and cook one minute. Add salt and pepper.
- Whisk in milk and cook until bubbly and thickened.
- Whisk eggs with 1 Tbsp. water. Cook in clean fry pan, until cooked through, scrambling as you go.
- Cut English muffins in half and toast both sides. Lay on cookie sheet face up. Divide gravy equally between muffins. Top with eggs, cheese and sausage.
- Broil until cheese is melted.
- Eat and enjoy!