The Christmas Celebrations started off on Saturday night here, with 5 days of festivities planned. Saturday was Turkey-less (Vegetarian) Christmas dinner with our best friends. We had this for dessert, and I have one word for you, rich! The one word that perfectly describes this luscious dessert. After a delicious dinner, I sadly, only had room for one piece. If you are looking for a last-minute addition to your dessert table, you may just have found it. Have a very Merry Christmas everybody!!
Recipe from Kraft
- 1 (450 g) brownie mix- plus water, oil and egg called for on box
- 1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup cool whip
1. Mix brownies according to package directions. Pour into greased pie plate. Bake for 30 minutes or until done at 350 degrees. Cool completely.
2. Scoop out center leaving small layer on bottom. ( About 1/2 inch from edges).
3. Mix together the vanilla pudding and milk with wire whisk until combined. Whisk in 1/3 cup of your peanut butter. Gently fold in cool whip. Top with brownies that you previously scooped out.
4. Melt remaining peanut butter in microwave for about 15 seconds. Pour over brownies. Refrigerate until ready to eat. ( at least 2 hours).
5. Eat and enjoy!
I had the pleasure of making my niece’s birthday cake (second niece this month) because she wanted this recipe. That apparently is not only her favorite dessert, but also her favorite food! It is pretty good, so I was excited that I got to make it for her. So Happy Birthday darling Julena, Auntie Jamie loves you!
Recipe adapted from Kraft. Check here if you would like a smaller size. (You probably don’t though, leftovers are good too)
- 3 cups Oreo crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 pkgs. instant pistachio pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 12 double stuffed Oreos-chopped
- 1 large tub Cool Whip
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semi-sweet chocolate
1. Pre heat oven to 350.
2. Mix Oreo crumbs and butter in 11×7 inch dish. Pat down to cover bottom. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool.
3. Mix pistachio pudding mixes, milk and peppermint extract with whisk until all combined.
4. Fold in Cool Whip and Oreos.Pour over cooled crust.
5. Melt chocolate in small microwave proof bowl and drizzle over pudding. Cool in refrigerator until ready to eat and chocolate is set.
My son as I previously mentioned loves Star WArs. This year for his birthday party he wanted to watch all three of the original Star Wars in one day. Prefect party, easy, cheap and the kids are totally occupied for most of it. I looked high and low for a Wilton Cake pan, Yoda, Darth Vader, I really was not that picky however I had no luck. Then I found some Star Wars Cupcake kits on the Williams-Sonoma website. They don’t have them in Canada. No luck there either. After all this work, my son decided he wanted Worms and Dirt. Yes the easiest dessert ever. So I put on some Star Wars guys and voila, Star Wars Birthday Cake!
- 2 pkgs. instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large container cool whip
- 1 cup Oreo crumbs
- gummy worms
1. Mix the pudding mixes and milk until combined. Will be thick. Gently fold in the cool whip.
2. Pour mixture into a 11×7 inch casserole dish and top with Oreo crumbs.
3. Top off with worms. Eat and Enjoy!