Alright, I am going to admit something to you. We still have a boat load of Halloween Candy, in fact usually at our house it lasts all year, and then I will dump the leftovers to make room for the new on Halloween night. That being said I had the urge top use a whole lot of it up at once. Enter Monster Cookies. The name seemed especially appropriate because I did in fact use Halloween candy. I found this recipe over at MOMS CRAZY COOKING and new it was the one that I wanted to make because besides the ginormous amount of candy in the recipe it also has peanut butter as anybody who knows will tell you I absolutely love! She also has another Monster cookie recipe without peanut butter for those of you needing a peanut free version, so go check it out on her recipe index!
Here is the lovely recipe, thank you Tina!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp corn syrup
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 cups candy mix-ins- I used leftover Halloween candy, you want lots of variety.
1. Beat the eggs, sugars, vanilla and corn syrup until fully combined. Add baking soda, salt, butter, peanut butter,flour and oats.
2. Fold in candy and let sit for 1/2 hour so the oatmeal absorbs the butter.
3. Scoop onto greased cookie sheets and bake for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
4. Eat and enjoy!