If you have been following my blog you will know that I am not what you would call a seafood lover. So in my effort to make my children like it I make it once a month. The one seafood that I really like is fish and chips. So I thought I would go easy on myself this month and make a nice homemade batch of fish. Then I didn’t get to eat it. I really needed to get out so I took my little son out on a dinner and shopping date. We had a blast, I came home refreshed and rejuvenated. Because I am such a stellar wife I still made supper for Clarke and the girls before I left, and even took pictures for you! Clarke said the potatoes needed to be cooked longer so I am going to adjust that in the recipe that I got from Kraft.
- 4 white fish fillets ( we used cod)
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes
- 1/4 cup Kraft Zesty Italian dressing
- 1 pouch extra crispy coating mix
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice potatoes into wedges and put in bowl, first stir in italian dressing, then 1/4 cup of the shake and bake.
3. Put in greased baking pan and cook for 40 minutes. (adjusted from 20 minutes, we like our potatoes crispy on the outside , tender on the inside).
4. Put remaining shake and bake on a plate,spread miracle whip on fish and dip in shake in bake so both sides are coated.
5. After potatoes have cooked for the cook time listed above, add fish to oven on its own greased pan. Cook for 15 minutes.
6. Fish is done when it flakes easily with fork.