When I saw this recipe on Betty Crocker I couldn’t wait to try it. I slightly adapted it to use up some things I had in the pantry, but for the most part I kept it the same. Trying to get all my use out of my oven before the weather turns and it is too hot to turn on. Always a sad day in this house, I find I like to use my oven more than the stove top. I’ll have to look into using the crock pot more this year too, but for now I will keep on using the oven to my little hearts content.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 (500g) bag frozen stir fry vegetables
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
1. Cook ground beef in large skillet with garlic powder and pepper, drain fat, and place in large casserole dish.
2. Mix in remaining ingredients (except chow mein noodles), cover with tinfoil, and cook at 350 for 55 minutes.
3. Remove tinfoil and stir. Top with chow mein noodles, bake an additional 15 minutes.
4. Eat and enjoy!