Well another month, another crazy cooking challenge. This is the month of Chicken noodle soup, so I went out into blogland and searched until I found what I wanted. I didn’t want to have to boil a whole chicken so I knew when I saw this one on My German Kitchen…in the Rockies that I found a winner. This recipe only uses chicken breasts so it is easy peasy lemon squeezy. Here is link back to the original Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe, so thank you German kitchen, it really was very delicious, and I will be making it again for sure!
- 7 1/2 cups canned low-sodium chicken broth or homemade stock
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 onions, cut into thin slices
- 3 ribs celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried sage – I thought I had this but I didn’t so I substituted Poultry Seasoning.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- about 4-5 cups cooked egg noodles (al dente)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons, flour
1. Bring broth, bay leaves, and all veggies to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Add all seasonings and chicken breasts, return to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Slightly cover.
3. Remove chicken to cutting board and chop into bite sized pieces. Remove bay leaves.
4. Mix together butter and flour and whisk into soup , simmer 1-2 minutes. Return chicken to pot. Add egg noodles.
5. Eat and enjoy!
Please check out all the other Chicken Noodle soup recipes here:
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…