This was our brunch/breakfast dish for Father’s Day last weekend. We usually head up to the mountains and spend the day, however this year our girls ballet recital was on Father’s Day Afternoon. So we did what any normal person would do , we put Father’s Day on hold for a week, and will be driving out to one of my husband’s favorite places tomorrow. We also plan on seeing the new Pixar movie Brave, because I LOVE Pixar movies. Anyone else plan to see Brave this weekend?
Recipe from Allrecipes
P.S - A note about this recipe before you start, it is an overnight recipe, make it ahead stick it in the fridge and bake in the morning.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (29 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained
- 12 (3/4 inch thick) slices day-old French bread
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
1. Mix together the brown sugar, butter and water in small saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often so if does not burn.
2. Grease your 13×9 inch baking dish. Pour in brown sugar mixture, top with peaches.
3. Lay bread over peaches gently smooshing down.
4. Beat together the eggs, milk and vanilla. Pour on top of bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. Remove from fridge and let sit for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
6. Bake covered for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove cover and bake an additional 30-40 minutes, until center is set.
7. Eat and enjoy!