I am usually a pretty organized menu planner. I plan a week ahead as I like to grocery shop weekly so we can have fresh veggies and fruit. Sometimes very rarely there comes a time that I am opening the fridge wondering what to make. Well actually I am usually looking at recipes on-line trying to figure out something that I have all the ingredients for. That is when I found this , and miraculously I had everything. It was a huge hit, my whole family proclaimed that we should definitely have it again! Yay!
Original recipe found at Campbells’ kitchen
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts,thawed
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 can Campbell’s tomato soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 4 cups pasta of your choice
1. Cook pasta.
2. While pasta is cooking heat oil in large fry pan with a lid. Brown chicken on both sides, about 5 minutes each.
3. Add soup, seasonings, milk and cheese to the pan. Mix thoroughly, simmer for about 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
4.Serve over cooked pasta.
5. Eat and Enjoy!
France got Julia Child (technically she was american, but she lived and learned to cook in France), The U.S.A has Martha Stewart, and here in Canada we have Jean Pare. Her cookbooks are in every grocery store, department store and of course bookstore. And such an array she has. I recently tried out Company’s Coming Most Loved Casseroles from the library and I must say I want to try every single recipe she has in there. Especially in the fall it is so nice to have a casserole heating in the oven filling your house with warmth and oh so good smells. I started with this one because I happened to have all the ingredients in my house and after making it I can honestly say I wouldn’t change a thing. Thank you Jean Pare for your magical kitchen skills!
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup long grain white rice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- salt and pepper
1. Pre heat oven to 350 and grease a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
2. Layer onions, potatoes, ground beef, white rice and celery, in order, sprinkling with salt and pepper after each layer.
3. Mix boiling water and tomato soup in small bowl and pour over casserole. Poke holes with a knife to let liquid seep through.
4. Cover with tin-foil and bake for 2 hours.
5. Eat and Enjoy!