I am not a breakfast eater. For one thing I am just not hungry first thing in the morning, secondly I am usually tired and really don’t feel like cooking up something delicious. So I just pour myself a large glass of chocolate milk and sip away while I check Facebook, write my morning blog post. Then sometimes I am craving breakfast food, so I have to make it for dinner. My breakfast eating family doesn’t mind though as I don’t usually cook them breakfast either, I will just make them toast, cereal or a bowl of porridge. Waffles are a rarity in the morning, but a welcome treat at night.
Recipe from Betty Crocker Comfort Food
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/3 cups Bisquick
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
1. To make waffles blend together all waffle ingredients.
2. Preheat waffle iron, and cook until done.
3. For Berry Cream- Beat whipping cream and powdered sugar until creamy peaks form. Gently fold in strawberries and blueberries.
4. Serve on top of waffles with additional berries and maple syrup if desired.
5. Eat and enjoy!