I am not a person that likes to follow one specific diet. No high protein, low carbs, not weight watchers, no specifics at all. One day I can eat all completely healthy food, the next day I can go to KFC. I am definitely an everything in moderation kind of gal. This really is the best of both worlds, and goes with my I like eating junk food, AND I love eating healthy too. So basically, you never know what you are going to get with me. this is one I would put in the healthier category, and we loved it. It had all sorts of delicious flavours, it was super quick to put together, and it had a delightful Mexi-twist on breakfast which we don’t usually get. Although black beans aren’t pretty, this is one I will be making again for sure.
Recipe slightly adapted from Allrecipes
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup salsa
- salt and pepper
- Heat coconut oil in non-tick pan.
- Whisk eggs with 1 Tbsp. milk, and salt and pepper. Cook while scrambling until done to your likeness.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse beans. Heat in pot with cumin and salt and pepper. Place on bottom of bowls. (Makes between 3-4 bowls)
- Top with eggs, then avocado, then salsa. Give dish another healthy sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Eat and enjoy!