The Crazy Cooking Challenge is here again. It is amazing how fast these months are flying by. It seems like I just posted my Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie recipe from last month. This month our mission was to find the best fried chicken recipe, and I must say we have a winner here! I found this recipe over at a Newfoundland food blog Rock Recipes. I was overjoyed to have found a Newfoundland food blog, as I am half Newfie (my Dad was born and raised) and proud of it! We went to Newfoundland about 6 years ago and it was such a beautiful place! This recipe sounded just perfect for my family, I served it up to rave reviews, the whole family tucked in, and enjoyed it immensely!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- oil for frying
- 2 cup flour
- 4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground thyme
- 2 tsp ground sage
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs
- 8 Tbsp water
For the Sauce:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup honey
- ¼ cup soya sauce
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
1. Make an egg wash by beating together the 4 eggs and 8 Tbsp of water.
2. In separate bowl mix together the flour and all of the seasonings.
3. Dip chicken breasts first in the flour mixture, then egg wash, then again in the flour mixture. Use hands to really rub the flour onto the chicken breasts.
4. Heat oil (you want about 1/2 an inch) in large skillet. Reduce heat to a little less than medium heat, and add chicken breasts. Fry for 5 minutes on each side.
5. To make sauce, heat oil in small sauce pan and saute garlic until brown and fragrant, add remaining sauce ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Slice chicken breasts and serve covered with honey garlic sauce.
7. Eat and enjoy!
Tips- The sauce tastes excellent on rice!
Check out everyone elses Fried Chicken Recipes here:
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…