Is it cold where you are? We are cold. It is snowy. So when I got this month’s Secret Recipe Club assignment I knew it would be some good home cooking comfort food. This month my assignment was Teaspoon of Spice a joint effort by two dietians, Serena and Deanna, with lots of healthy goodies to eat. Of course it is so hard to choose, but the most fun part is just that. I perused the entire blog, pinned my favorites, and then eventually chose the Blueberry Bread Pudding. I have never in my life made bread pudding, but I have made baked French toast, and you know what it was pretty similar. My hubby especially liked this one, but I think we all agreed it is something I should definitely make again.
- 3 cups low-fat milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 slices whole grain I used 5 white bread slices, and 5 flax-seed bread slices.
- 2 cups frozen blueberries (not thawed)
1. Grease a 13×9 dish. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut bread into cubes.
3. Whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir in bread and blueberries. Let soak for 15 minutes.
4. Pour into pan bake for 70 minutes.
5. Serve warm with ice cream, whipped cream, or cream.