It’s time for another addition of … the Secret Recipe Club. Always a favorite time to share an excellent recipe from a fellow blogger. This time around I made these delicious, marvellous, scrumdiddlyumtious Cinnamon Bun Scones. Cinnamon buns are one of my favorite things. Scones are one of my favorite things. So when I saw them at Making Memories with your Kids I eventually decided on them. This was a long and gruelling process. I have wanted to get Erin’s blog for years! Yes, years! Basically since I joined the club. I pinned oodles of recipes so I can make them all later. One thing is for sure, her kids will have fabulous memories of their mom.
* 2 cup AP flour
* 1 cup oatmeal, quick or old-fashioned, uncooked
* 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar, divided
* 1 Tbsp. baking powder
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 8 Tbsp. (1 stick) chilled butter, cut into pieces
* 3/4 cup 2% milk
* 1 large egg
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* 1 cup Hershey’s Cinnamon Chips
* 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
* 3/4 cup powdered sugar
* 1/4 tsp. vanilla
* 3 to 4 tsp. milk- I used 7 tsp. to get it the right consistency
1. Mix together flour, oatmeal, 1/4 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until you get little pea sized chunks. In separate bowl beat egg with milk and vanilla. Stir into dry mixture. Fold in cinnamon chips.
2. Combine remaining 2 Tbsp. of sugar with cinnamon. Sprinkle on dough and gently knead a few times so you have swirls of cinnamon sugar.
3. Use a large spoon to scoop about 1/4 cup batter onto greased cookie sheets.
4. Bake for 12 minutes at 425 degrees.
5. Combine icing sugar and vanilla. Add milk 1 Tsp. at a time until you get desired consistency. Drizzle over warm scones.
6. Eat and enjoy!