Things are a heating up! Lucky for us we have also had quite a few nice and cool rainy days as well. Still the ice cream machine has made its reentry into the meal plans. It’s kind of fun making homemade ice cream. The flavour possibilities are endless. This ice cream we achieved the best consistency so far, of all the other homemade I have made. Eggs, half-and-half plus whipping cream seems to be the key. I guess we like our ice cream nice and fattening. I served these with the chocolate oat cookies, I posted last week which also had a hint of cinnamon, and they were a match made in heaven. This would also be amazing served with apple pie!
Recipe from Allrecipes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Mix together sugar and half-and-half in medium-sized pot. Cook over medium-low heat until just starts to bubble. Remove from heat.
2. Beat eggs in mixing bowl. Whisk in about 1/4 of sugar mixture very slowly. Little bits at a time. You do not want scrambled eggs!
3. Add entire mixture back into saucepan and return to stove. Add whipping cream. Whisk over medium-low heat until bubbly and thickened.
4. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and cinnamon. Place in refrigerator until completely cooled.
5. Churn in Ice Cream Machine according to manufacturer’s directions.
6. Place in freezer safe bowl, and place in freezer for 4 hours to harden.
7. Eat and enjoy!