Fast. Delicious. Two words I would use when describing hot dogs. It is quite rare for us to have hot dogs for dinner, and when we do I will admit it’s usually sliced into Kraft Dinner. Don’t judge, I have kids and hey KD is scrumptious. So last night was fancy schmancy hot dog night. I even toasted the buns. Instead of our usual Kraft Dinner side dish we had homemade guacamole and tortilla chips. I may have eaten a bit too much, as I usually do when guacamole is on the menu.
Recipe from Food Network Magazine 1,000 Easy Recipes
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 buns
- 8 slices of bacon
- chopped tomatoes
- lettuce ( I used Arugula)
1. Cook bacon until crisp in large skillet, set on paper towel to drain grease.
2. Cook hot dogs in bacon grease, until brown and crispy.
3. While bacon is cooking, butter the hot dog buns. Place butter side down on cookie sheet. Bake for about 7 minutes (or until nicely browned) in 350 degree oven.
4. Top each bun with a hot dog, bacon, mayo, chopped tomatoes and lettuce.
5. Eat and enjoy!