Happy New Year Everybody! My kids gave me the wonderful gift of sleeping in! That is right it is 9:30, and the kids are just having breakfast. We will be having a low-key day here. Last night was spent with the best of friends, the best of food, and a wonderful movie as well. You can’t top that now can you! This Feta Dip from Clover Lane was absolutely delicious. A perfect start to the festivities! Thanks Clover Lane for the New Year’s inspiration!
- Olive Oil
- 1 Large Tomato
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 block Feta cheese
1. Liberally spread olive oil on platter (with sides). Top with chopped tomatoes, chopped green onions and feta cheese (crumbled).
2. Top with seasonings and gently stir. Serve with very thinly sliced baguette.
3. Eat and enjoy!
Don’t you just love when the weather works with your meal plan. Yesterday as I was sitting in the heat in shorts with all my windows open I was thinking I would have to change the soup and bread I was planning to make tonight. Then I woke up to a glorious cool and rainy day, so the soup is back on the menu! I am pretty excited for it too, I love soup and bread! Early in the week we had a sloppy joe pizza, I served with this white beans salad. It was super yum, I had the leftovers for two days for lunch and it was really good leftover too. A new fabulously easy side dish to add to the rotation because it really is hard to find creative side dishes.
Recipe from Allrecipes
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado – peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Mix all ingredients together, stir to combine flavors. Let sit in fridge for at least one hour to let flavors meld.
2. Eat and enjoy!
This month’s Secret Recipe Club assignment was Thrifty Veggie Mama ! I had a great time looking around her site looking for that delectable recipe that I would eventually pick. I was going to make the Roasted Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Lasagna however summer decided to produce a heat wave, and alas I did not want the oven on. Back to the drawing board as they say now to find a recipe I can cook on the stove top. Potato Pancakes were perfect, I whipped them up for a quick-lunch for the kid’s and me , served with a side of snap peas and crackers. They were a huge hit, and besides actually grating the potatoes it was a super quick recipe!
1. Mix all ingredients together. Heat a small amount of oil in frying pan and scoop spoonful of mixture use back of spoon to spread it out. Flip when first side is browned and cook second side.
2. Serve with Sour Cream or Applesauce ( I preferred the sour cream).
3. Eat and enjoy!
Check out all the other recipes at the link below:
4 cups shredded potatoes
2 T bread crumbs
- Sour cream and Applesauce for serving
Well summer certainly arrived here. It is hot, and beautiful outside. This means first thing in the morning I am running around like a mad woman trying to open all of the windows. Soup is on our menu plan tonight, really I must start looking at the weather once in a while when I make the menu plan, but as I don’t want to groceries to go to waste, soup we will have, I am sure it will be good, just not weather appropriate! Last week, during one of our cold spells we had appetizer night. Two kinds of wings, veggies and dip, and these potato skins. They were so yummy, we didn’t even need additional dip.
Recipe from Hidden Valley The Original Ranch
- 4 baked potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 pkg. Ranch seasoning & salad dressing mix
- 1 cup shredder cheddar cheese
- 3 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, chopped
1. Scoop out potato from skin leaving skins in tact. Mix potato with, sour cream and ranch. Sprinkle with cheese.
2. Bake for about 12 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove from oven and sprinkle with bacon and green onions.
3. Eat and enjoy!