Don’t you just hate it, when anxious to eat, yet still trying to take a nice picture your camera batteries die. Probably not. A little problem that food bloggers can all understand. Especially when you are looking forward to a specific meal. I quickly took a few shots on my camera and dug in. The dinner was just too scrumptious looking to spend too much time worrying about it. The smells that were wafting from my plate were making my mouth water. So that my kids didn’t have to experience hangry mommy, a term here meaning I’m so hungry, I would really rather you not talk to me until I have a least 3-4 bites of dinner in my belly, I ate. I found this recipe over at Clark’s Condensed and was intrigued by the “red” pasta sauce with not a hint of tomatoes. The coconut milk was a nice addition, quite to the surprise of the other little diners. (My kids). Of course I knew it was in there, but still was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this dish!
- 2 red peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can coconut milk (full fat, not lite)
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup powdered parmesan cheese
- 1 pound chicken sausage
- Pasta of choice, cooked
1. Pre heat oven to broil. Cook peppers for 5 minutes on each side. Remove from oven and remove cap and seeds. Place in blender. Add red onion and garlic. Puree.
2. While peppers are cooking remove sausage from casings and crumble. Cook in olive oil in large skillet. When fully cooked through remove from skillet.
3. Place pureed mixture from blender in skillet and add both Italian seasonings and red pepper flakes. Cook for 3 minutes over medium heat.
4. Add coconut milk and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine. Stir in cooked sausage. Continue to cook until everything has heated through.
5. Serve over cooked pasta noodles.
6. Eat and enjoy!