This is the last of the cruise menu posts. The Comedy Brunch. This was the last day of the cruise for us, before an evening in Victoria B.C. It actually worked well for us to have a big meal at lunch on this day as we got into port right at dinner time, so we took ourselves to the comedy brunch. Or just brunch you could say. A comedian comes in every hour from 9-12 (or 1 maybe) and does a little routine while you eat. We timed it so we would be ordering right before the comedy show. The comedian was there for less than 10 minutes, so I guess you could call it the comedy-less brunch. Oh well. The menu was the largest and most diverse menu on the cruise, and we ordered a lot because we just couldn’t decide. We also wasted a lot, eyes bigger than our stomachs. But we did finish off the whole helping of Mac’n’Cheese because that was tasty stuff! Okay so here is the menu!
- Flaming Tomato Soup
- Bagel Breakfast- Bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon
- Fresh Fruit Platter with Cottage Cheese
- Caesar Salad, with your choice of fried chicken or jerk bacon
- Eggs Benedict- served with your choice of ham or salmon, with zesty home fries
- Omelettes – Pick what you want in it choices include spinach, tomato, mushroom, peppers, onions, bacon, ham, Swiss, cheddar or you can also have it plain.
- Dos Huevos
- Sides- sliced ham, cheddar grits, grilled tomato, sliced bacon, hash brown potatoes, pork link sausage, chicken sausage, turkey bacon
George’s Recipes –
- Huevos Rancheros – Chicken Quesadilla topped with fried egg, manchego cheese.
- Breakfast Burrito – filled with scrambled egg, chorizo, beans.
- Funny French Toast – Crusted with your choice of Frosted Flakes, Fruit Loops, Raisin Bran or Honey nut Cheerios
- Fat Stack Pancakes – your choice of blueberry, chocolate chip or plain
- Carne y Huevos – Filet Mignon served with 2 fried eggs, béarnaise, grilled tomato and home fries
- Mac ‘n’ Cheese- Served with your choice of fried chicken, steak, or apple wood smoked bacon
- Pappardelle Pasta- Wide Ribbon Pasta with Mushroom Cream Sauce and Parmesan Cheese
- Grilled Salmon Fillet- served with roasted peppers, tomato, black olive and capers
- Hen Alla Diavola – Split chicken , grilled, served with lemon and hot pepper
- Ice Cream
- Caramelized Cheesecake
- Banana Cream Pie
- Mexican Churros
Alright I already stated that we ordered a lot and it is true, we did. Clarke ordered the Caesar Salad with fried chicken and the Carne y Huevos, I ordered the Breakfast Burrito with a side of hash brown potatoes, plus we shared the Mac ‘n’ Cheese with bacon. That was a lot of food, and we probably wouldn’t have ordered dessert after all that, however you order dessert the same time as your meal. Who knew we would be so full. Clarke ordered the Carmealized Cheesecake, I ordered the Banana Cream Pie, plus we wanted to try the churros, so ordered that to share. Whoa now that is a lot of food on its way to the table for just two relatively small people. Then after all the ordering was done they brought the bread basket. This was not your ordinary bread basket it was filled with, lemon loaf, date loaf, chocolate caramel muffin, croissants, buns, Danish’s, cinnamon buns, all so good. I grabbed that chocolate caramel muffin right away, so good, and then proceeded to enjoy nibbles of all the other breads. Carbs, so delicious! So I was getting full before all that food we ordered even came, then they brought the Mac ‘n’ Cheese and seriously you have got to order that, so good. My breakfast burrito also good, they hash browns, delicious, so basically my stomach was filling quickly and the food was still coming. Dessert was served and honestly, I didn’t really care for any thank goodness or I may have imploded. Neither Clarke or I liked the churros at all, the banana cream pie was only okay ,I did not feel inspired to have more than on bite. All in all though if you are going on a cruise, this is the one meal you should not miss!