The night of easy dinners is here. Ah, Monday. With driving kids around this is the day that dinner is always the hardest. I am gone for about 40 minutes right when I would usually preparing our dinner. I very often rely on the crock pot. It is so welcoming to come into a house that has a delicious meal bubbling away, ready to be eaten by my hungry family. Another good go-to is the casserole. They generally bake for 40 minutes are more, so I can prepare it, and then pop it in the oven right before we leave. This one left us with full bellies, and was quite tasty. We all would happily eat this one again!
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes
- 1 pound bacon, diced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups frozen hash browns
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups Swiss cheese
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- grind of pepper
- Cook bacon and onion in large skillet until bacon is crisp. Drain.
- While bacon is cooking, whisk eggs in large mixing bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients, and bacon after it has been drained.
- Grease a 13×9 inch baking dish. Pour mixture in.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Eat and enjoy!