What is your families jam of choice? I like having a variety to choose from, fig is certainly a favourite, any flavour berry. All 3 of my kids, agree that the ultimate jam is Raspberry. So, we pretty much always have a super-duper Costco sized jar in the fridge. Then little smatterings of jars, of differing flavours, that I mostly get to keep to myself. Would I keep a big jar of raspberry if it weren’t for the tree munchkins, probably not. It does come in handy however when you randomly decide to bake up some muffins. In fact, there are many a recipe that I enjoy this jam in. So maybe it will be something that just continues to take up space in our fridge. These muffins were great by the way.
Recipe from 750 Best Muffin Recipes
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Beat together buttermilk, egg, melted butter and sugar. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin. Equally divide 2/3 of the batter between muffin cups. Divide jam between muffins, place on top of batter. Top with remaining batter, and gently press down , to make sure all jam is covered.
- Mix together topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Eat and enjoy!