Woo hoo! It’s Secret Recipe Club time! This month I was in a bit of a rush. I signed up for Secret Recipe Club, and then we booked a vacation. No problem, I just needed to get my butt in gear and make something as soon as I received my assignment. I was very lucky to receive Get Off the Couch and Cook. I found so many recipes I wanted to make. I fully intend to make a few more of them when we get back from vacation. I ultimately chose to make Sashi’s recipe for Bacon Cheeseburger Potato Boats, and am I ever glad I did. What a yummy supper! Head on over to her site and you will find supper recipes galore!
- 6 russet potatoes
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- small can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Bake potatoes for 1 hour at 400 degrees. Cool for about 20 minutes.
2. Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from skillet, and drain grease. Cook beef in same skillet, until browned. Stir in Worcestershire, peppers, salt and tomatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes. Crumble bacon, and stir into beef mixture. Remove from heat.
3. Slice potatoes in half and scoop out potato flesh. Brush both sides with butter. Broil skin side down for about 6 minutes. Remove from oven and fill with beef mixture. Top with shredded cheese. Return to oven and broil until cheese is melted (about 2-3 minutes).
4. If desired mix leftover potato flesh with additional butter, salt and pepper, and serve on the side.
5. Eat and enjoy!