I must say that besides heating up the occasional leftovers for lunch I don’t often use the microwave. This recipe actual uses the microwave to par cook the potatoes before they head into the oven. When I originally put this on the meal plan I fully planned to throw them in the oven and forgo the microwave step. Alas, time got away from me with picking up kids from activities, getting haircuts, you know normal life things. So the microwave was used, the potatoes were delicious, and we didn’t have to eat super late.
Recipe from Allrecipes
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium, onion
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Salt and Pepper
1. Wash potatoes, prick with fork. Microwave on high for 12 minutes. Cut in half length-wise and scoop out the middle portion, leaving the skins in tact. Place skins in a baking dish.
2. While potatoes are in microwave melt butter in small skillet. Peel and chop onion, cook in butter until tender.
3. Mash inside of potatoes. Add onion, broccoli and ranch. Stir in salt and pepper.
4. Brush outside of potato skins with vegetable oil. Scoop filling into the potato skins.
5. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
6. Eat and enjoy!