Things are getting chilly. I’m n a sweater. It is possible I should have also opened the sock drawer this morning. My toes are feeling a wee bit frigid. So, although I hadn’t planned on baking I did. Next weeks meal plan will be finished today and you can bet baking will be added to that too. Maybe even, dare I say it, soup. Ah, this is my kind of eating. Anyways back to the pancake squares. As I didn’t plan to bake at all, that means I also didn’t grocery shop with that in mind. Pinterest to the rescue. I just perused my “breads” board and found quite a few options that I had everything on hand for. This baked pancake recipe from Crazy for Crust was the winner. Did you here that everybody. BAKED pancakes, no longer standing a the stove flipping while the family devours the amazing delicious contained in pancakes, no now you can eat together. Mind blown, or what?
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 over-ripe banana
- about 1 cup milk, maybe a bit more
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup blueberries – frozen works great
- Butter and Syrup for serving
1. Grease a 13×9 inch baking dish. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in mixing bowl.
3. Mash banana in bottom of large 4 cup measuring cup. Add enough milk to equal 1 2/3 cups. Stir to combine. add eggs, vanilla and oil. Stir to combine. Pour over dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in blueberries.
4. Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Test with toothpick to insure it has cooked in the middle. Serve with butter and syrup.
5. Eat and enjoy!