We actually had a St. Patrick’s Day party. People actually brought either Irish or Green food. Everybody was wearing green. By the end of the night it kind of made my eyeballs hurt, all the green. My daughter and husband decided to have a joint party this year, and wouldn’t you know it St. Patty’s day is smack in the middle of their birthdays. So now we will be featuring a whole bunch of St. Patrick’s themed recipes, wouldn’t you know it, right after the festivities. I realize that this helps you not one iota, unless you are having a belated party, but come next year, I will be plenty of help in all your St. Patty’s day needs.
Recipe found at Sweet, Treats and More, thank you, it was truly delicious, and an enormous hit.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 small package chocolate instant pudding
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup Irish Cream Coffee Creamer
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Irish Cream Coffee Creamer
1. place cake mix, pudding mix, water, oil and Irish Cream Coffee Creamer to large bowl. Beat with a handheld mixer. Add eggs. Beat for about 3 minutes.
2. Pour into a greased and floured Bundt cake pan. Bake for 60 minutes at 325 degrees. Check to make sure middle is done with a toothpick.
3. Let cake sit for 10 minutes. turn over onto serving platter.
4. While cake is cooling make glaze. Place butter, sugar and water in medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a boil, boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in Irish Cream.
5. Use a large kabob stick to poke numerous holes in cake. Pour glaze all over cake over holes so it seeps in. Let sit for a few hours before serving.
6. Eat and enjoy!