One of my all time favorite foods has got to be guacamole. This usually ends in me eating way to much. I do love to indulge once in a while and this is one great food to do it on. When I saw this recipe over at Chelsy’s site Mangia I knew we would have a slam dunk, home run kind of recipe. Plus I have never seen a guacamole recipe that incorporated orange juice, so I thought let’s give it a whirl. The results were tremendous, as I knew they would be! Another Secret Recipe Club home run. I used store-bought chips to dip in the dip, but head on over to the original if you want an additional recipe for homemade chips.
Thanks Secret Recipe Club for another fabulous assignment!
- 3 ripe Hass avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- juice of 1 orange
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- tortilla chips to dip
1. Chop avocados into bite sized chunks and mash with potato masher. I like my guacamole a little chunky, so mash to the way you like it.
2. Stir in onion, jalapeno, garlic, orange, cilantro and spices. Cover tightly with Saran wrap (make sure that it is directly on guacamole, and refrigerate until ready to eat. I like to leave it about an hour to let flavors meld. Serve with tortilla chips.
3. Eat and enjoy!
See everybody else’s pick of the month below: