I am feeling overwhelmed. Overwhelmed with life in general. It seems to get ever more busy, and with our kids soon to be entering teenage hood, I don’t see it changing any time soon. I am cherishing these few quiet days I have at home this week. I find the busier we get the more I just want to stay at home, pop in a DVD and Veg out of the couch. We actually got to do this yesterday, yay, so after the kids went to bed, my husband and I finally got around to watching Argo. With all the hype surrounding the movie I am surprised we didn’t see it in the theaters, but alas it’s rare for us to get out sans kids these days. Anyways, we had a lovely, quiet, relaxing evening, and plan to do the same tonight! dinner was a wonderful homey dish, that was super easy to put together and had quite a bit of flavor. I served with mashed Potatoes and they went quite well together. I planned the weeks meals using Taste of Home’s Fast Fixes with Mixes , this recipe and a few more you will be seeing this week all will be coming from there, because let’s be honest we all need a week, here or there, were dinners are quick to the table, no muss no fuss!
On to the recipe!
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix ( I used Bisquick)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp dill weed
1. Heat oil in large skillet and cook broccoli, carrots and onion until tender. Add chicken and alfredo and cook until sauce is heated through.
2. Pour mixture into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
3. Mix baking mix, milk and dill in small bowl. Scoop dough onto chicken mixture ( about 4-5 scoops) making sure dough isn’t touching. (they need room to rise).
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
5. Eat and enjoy!