This was our main dish for new year’s. After the greek dip, before the chocolate fondue. Yes, it was a tasty night indeed, our taste buds had a great time ringing in 2013. I found this recipe over on Lauren’s Latest. Plus, she has awesome step by step photos over on her site, so if you want to see them, head on over and check her out.
- 2 whole red peppers
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 oz garlic and herb goat cheese
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb linguine, cooked al dente
- salt and pepper
- additional parmesan cheese for topping
1. Pre heat oven to 500 degrees. Place peppers on a tin-foil lined cookie sheet. Cook peppers for 25 minutes until charred. Remove from oven and cover with tin-foil. Let cool for 10 minutes. Remove top, seeds and skin. Chop into large pieces.
2. While peppers are in the oven, cook your pasta, and start the sauce. Heat olive oil in large skillet and cook onions and garlic until tender. Stir in half-and-half and goat cheese. Stir until melted. Stir in chopped red peppers and parm cheese, stir until cheese has melted. Place sauce in blender and blend on lowest setting for about 10 seconds. ( Basically you just want the peppers and onions to be pureed, yet still a bit chunky).
3. Toss with pasta. Top with additional cheese, and salt and pepper.
4. Eat and enjoy!