When I saw this recipe over at Two Peas and Their Pod I knew I must immediately make it. It sounds like we like the same kinds of cookies! This is a perfect cookie to bake for fall, and then freeze half for Christmas. Or run down to the freezer and grab a handful, but waiting for them to thaw could be agony. Thanks Peas, for the delicious new staple cookie recipe!
- ½ cup of butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling the cookies
- ½ cup of pure pumpkin
- ¼ cup of molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Beat together butter and sugar until creamy. Add the egg, pumpkin, vanilla, and molasses.
2. Beat in dry ingredients. Refrigerate dough for at least one hour.
3. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into balls (about a Tablespoon per cookie) and dip into sugar. Place on cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes a batch.