Don’t you just love when the weather works with your meal plan. Yesterday as I was sitting in the heat in shorts with all my windows open I was thinking I would have to change the soup and bread I was planning to make tonight. Then I woke up to a glorious cool and rainy day, so the soup is back on the menu! I am pretty excited for it too, I love soup and bread! Early in the week we had a sloppy joe pizza, I served with this white beans salad. It was super yum, I had the leftovers for two days for lunch and it was really good leftover too. A new fabulously easy side dish to add to the rotation because it really is hard to find creative side dishes.
Recipe from Allrecipes
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado – peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Mix all ingredients together, stir to combine flavors. Let sit in fridge for at least one hour to let flavors meld.
2. Eat and enjoy!