Time for another round of The Secret Recipe Club! First I’d like to say a warm thank you to Debbi our brand new hostess, our little club wouldn’t be possible with out those few extra folks willing to do a little extra work! Although Angie , you will be missed! This month I got the pleasure of receiving Steak and Potatoes Kinda Girl, I was excited because that is exactly how I would describe myself. As per usual there were just far too many great recipes to choose from, I gotta admit, picking the new recipe is my favorite part. I finally decided on the BBQ Beef Shepard’s Pie. We have a Shepard’s pie recipe that we use and love so I thought it would be nice to change it up a bit and as a special bonus this one doesn’t bake, so on these super hot summer days it was a perfect comforting dinner without heating up the whole house. Thanks Desi!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (11-oz) can whole kernel corn with red and green peppers
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lb baby red potatoes, unpeeled
- Butter and milk, for mashing potatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (about 4)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
1. Cook ground beef in large skillet until browned, drain. Add corn, green chiles, BBQ Sauce and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, continue to heat on low until potatoes are done.
2. Cook potatoes until tender in boiling water. Drain and mash with butter, milk ans salt and pepper. Stir in green onions, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing and bacon.
3. Scoop meat mixture on to plate and top with potatoes.
4. Eat and enjoy!
Please check out everyone else’s recipes below: