What is the best side dish for a burger? Fries of course, so when my son picked Burgers for his pick of the month I thought I would try something a little new. I have made the standard frozen french fries of too many times to count, I have made oven baked fries, however I have never made my own deep-fried french fries. Time to give it a try I say. They were delicious, although I won’t be making them often, they will certainly be only a very rare treat!
Recipe from one of my very favorite cook books Southern Living Comfort Food
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced into french fry size slices
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and Pepper
1. Fill your largest pot 4 inches deep with vegetable oil, heat to 325 degrees.
2. Fry french fries in batches for about 5 minutes until lightly golden.
3. Increase oil temperature to 375 degrees, cook french fries a second time for 2 minutes.
4. Sprinkle liberally with sal and pepper.
5. Eat and enjoy!