Here is a funny little thing about our family. I don’t like cheesecake, I know strange to hear a woman say this. My husband is not much of a dessert lover, there are few things in the dessert category that he really loves. However, cheesecake is one of those things. As this month’s Crazy Cooking Challenge is Cheesecake my hubby got to have this treat that I very rarely make. The rules have changed a bit. We used to have to find the recipe on another blog however, now we can find it any ol place we like. Now the options really are endless. I chose to make these cute little mini red velvet cheesecakes from Betty Crocker .
As I didn’t have one, again me no likey the cheesecake, I will just have to tell you what everyone else said. They were a hit! Apparently quite rich, so you probably won’t need moire than one and the real beauty of the recipe is you can freeze them for up to 5 months! Hello Christmas Baking!
I hope you enjoy these tasty little morsels!
- 1 1/4 cups Oreo crumbs
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 20 ounces cream cheese ( 2 1/2 8 ounce packages)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 Tbsp red food coloring
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp icing sugar
- chocolate flakes for garnish
1. Line 16 regular sized muffin cups with liners. Mix together the Oreo crumbs and butter and press into bottom of cups to form crust.
2. Beat the cream cheese and sugar together. Add cocoa, vanilla and red food coloring. Beat in eggs.
3. Scoop cream cheese mixture into crust lined tins. ( they will be pretty full).
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 1 hour. Cool an additional hour in the refrigerator.
5. Beat together the whipping cream and 1 Tbsp icing sugar until stiff peaks form. Scoop onto cheesecakes. Top with chocolate flakes.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…