This is one of our favorite side dishes. It is flavorful and easy and goes well with any type of Mexican main course. Burritos, Tacos, Enchiladas, you name it! You can serve with sour cream or salsa for additional flavor but it really doesn’t need it! I like to spice mine up with a little hot sauce.
Recipe from Allrecipes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth ( Use Vegetable broth to make vegetarian)
1. Heat oil in saucepan, add rice and cook until golden. Add salt, onion and cumin. Continue cooking until tender. Stir often.
2. Add tomato sauce and broth, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, covered. Stir occasionally. Fluff with fork before serving.
3. Eat and enjoy!