Phew, a full house yesterday. I had 6 kids to watch, and I must say it went pretty well. I even managed to exercise, do laundry and make a really yummy supper! The temperatures haven’t been quite so hot so I actually planned some oven meals, so here;s hoping it lasts! i have some baking to do tomorrow, so not enjoying this cooler side of summer. The littlest kid I was watching was picked up before dinner so I was cooking for my husband and I and 5 kids. What could I make that every one would like? When I found this recipe in the Pillsbury Best of The Bake-Off Cookbook I knew it would be a winner. I served with roasted potatoes, glazed carrots, with butterscotch sundaes in waffle bowls for dessert. This was a Bake-Off Contest winner from 1968, and I am sure it has made its way into many kitchens since then!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can Pillsbury flaky biscuits
1. Cook ground beef in large skillet until brown, drain.
2. Add BBQ sauce , onion, and brown sugar. Stir until combined.
3. Grease 10 muffin tins. Flatten each biscuit with a rolling-pin and place each one in a muffin cup with dough coming up to the sides. Fill with beef mixture.
4. Top with cheese and bake for 12 minutes at 400 degrees.
5. Eat and enjoy!