It is rare for our treat of the week to not include chocolate. I do love my chocolate! This week was no exception, these chocolate bars were delicious! They made my house smell like I was baking for Christmas too, so that was a double bonus. Eat them, enjoy them, then make some more!
Recipe found in Hershey’s Cookbook
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
1. Mix together the flour , sugar, and cocoa, cut in butter until small and crumbly. Mix in egg.
2. Set aside 1 1/2 cups of mixture press remaining in a greased 13×9 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
3. Melt together 1 cup of the chocolate chips and the sweetened condensed milk, pour on top of cooked crust.
4. Mix 1 cup chocolate chips and nuts with the crumbs that you set aside. Pour on top of milk mixture gently press down. Bake for 25 more minutes.
5. Remove from oven and cool slightly, cut into bars.
6. Eat and enjoy!