First of all I want to say Happy Anniversary to my husband. We have been married for 14 years. Yes, I got married when I was 18 , had my first baby at 20. I knew what I wanted and I went for it, and now I have the perfect family. Love it! Today, I will hopefully be walking around the zoo with my husband, if the weather decided to cooperate. So while I am off gallivanting away, I leave you with a recipe. I realize I already have a Meatball Sub recipe on the site, but sometimes you just need options. The first one, that I already posted is more of a “crunchy” meatball sub recipe. My husband likes this more, if he has a sandwich it is almost always made on toast. This new recipe is more of a “soft” meatball recipe. For people like me who enjoy the sogginess that comes from a beef tip, or dipping my toast in hot chocolate. So how do you prefer your bread, crunchy or soft?
Recipe from Allrecipes
- 1/3 cup CONTADINA® Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey ( I used beef)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large green sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can CONTADINA® Recipe Ready Crushed Tomatoes with Italian Herbs
- 6 Italian or French rolls, split
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Mix together brad crumbs, green onions, pepper and beef. Shape into meatballs and place in greased baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
2. Heat oil in skillet and saute mushrooms and pepper until tender, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Add meatballs and cook for about 5 minutes until meatballs are cooked through.
3. Scoop onto buns and top with cheese. Heat in oven until cheese is melted.
4. Eat and enjoy!