Well today marks a very special day, yes that is right, you guessed it, It’s Secret Recipe Club! This month I was assigned Cookin with Moxie, an Italian food blog filled to the brim with delicious recipes. Jamie (yes another Jamie not me), brings this blog to life and I was so happy to have received it! I decided to make this pizza, yum, good choice! It is a bit different from the normal pizza we have as it did not have tomato sauce,but we didn’t miss it a bit! I loved the saltiness of the prosciutto and the tang from the balsamic. It all made for one tasty meal!
- 2 tbsp plus 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 12-ounce red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 cup (packed) grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 4 thin slices prosciutto, sliced crosswise into thin strips
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme (I used dried)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Store bought pizza dough, or use your favorite homemade recipe
1.Char your red bell pepper by placing under the broiler for a bout 8 minutes. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Remove skins and slice.
2. Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in skillet and add onions, cook over medium heat for 12 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Cook additional 4 minutes. Remove to separate bowl. In same skillet heat olive oil and cook garlic until brown and fragrant. Remove garlic from oil using spoon, place oil in small bowl.
3. Roll out your pizza dough into a large rectangle. Place on pizza stone or baking sheet. Bake at 500 degrees for 10 minutes. Flip, and brush with 1 Tbsp of garlic oil.
4. Top with mozzarella, onions, garlic bits, red pepper and parmesan. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Top with prosciutto and thyme, bake an additional 5 minutes. Slice and Serve.
6. Serve with remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
7. Eat and enjoy!
check out what everyone else made by clicking the link below: