Deciding the treat for the week is one of my favorite parts of making the menu plan. I always anticipate eating that deliciousness. I usually plan on baking two items, one dessert and one muffin/quick bread for us to snack on through the week. I originally only chose this cookie recipe because I had half a bag of skor bits in my pantry that were getting rather old. I am so glad I did though, because these were some of the best cookies I have ever made!
Recipe from The All-New Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups plus 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1. Beat together the butter and both sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
2. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. When combined beat in the chocolate chips, toffee bits and almonds.
3. Scoop onto cookie sheets ( about a tablespoon of dough for each cookie). Bake at 350 degrees for 8-14 minutes. (8 minutes was good in my oven).
4. Eat and enjoy!