Our Mother’s Day this year was spent at the Farmer’s Market, one of the best Mother’s Day ever? Well yes, yes it was. It included cupcakes and shopping, can’t get much better than that! Anyhoo, I bought some chopped dates at one of the stalls and came home to make these muffins. They didn’t end up getting made until about a week later, but they were worth the wait, as muffins usually are.
Recipe from Allrecipes
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup butter or stick margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1. Mix together first 5 ingredients in large mixing bowl.
2. In smaller bowl combine eggs, orange juice and butter. Add to dry mixture and stir until just combined.
3. Gently stir in dates, nuts and orange peel.
4. Scoop mixture into greased muffin tin (makes 12 muffins) and bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees.
5. Eat and enjoy!